Click the Safeguarding below for who can help in school
At Arkwright Primary School we take our Safeguarding responsibilities very seriously. We are committed to keeping all our children as safe as possible at all times. To ensure this we:
- Check every working person in our school has successfully completed the necessary clearances to enable them to work with children.
- Have trained & nominated staff members as Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSL's) within our school.
- Provide accredited Safer Recruitment training for our Head Teacher, Selected Governors and our School Business Officer.
- carry out regular training & safeguarding updates for all staff members.
- Provide up-to-date information around online safety for staff, pupils and partners.
All staff are expected to share with the DSL's any concerns in regards to staff conduct around children. If there are concerns about the conduct of the Head or DSL's, then these should be shared with the Chair of Governors.
We follow procedures & guidance set out by the Derby and Derbyshire Safeguarding Children Partnership and have systems in place to share concerns regarding children's welfare with our DSL's, with parents and with relevant external agencies. Part of our legal duty to safeguard our children, may also include us needing to consult specifically with and take advice from the Police or Children's Social Care, should the need arise.
By working closely together with staff and our partner agencies, we firmly believe that we will continue to offer a safe learning environment for all our children.
Please take time to read our policies and do not hesitate to contact the school should you have any questions on Safeguarding.
Starting Point -Tel: 01629 533190 (If you are concerned that a child is suffering or at risk of significant harm)
NSPCC - National Helpline. Tel: 0808 800 5000
Childline - Tel: 0800 1111
Police Central Referral Unit - Butterley Hall, Ripley, Derbyshire, DE5 3RS. Tel: 0300 122 8719
Derbyshire Police - Tel: 101
Prevent - Take advice from your school Safeguarding Lead. If further advice is required, contact Derbyshire County Council's Prevent Lead on 01629 538473 or call the Police on 0300 122 8694. For general prevent advice you can also email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please take time to read our Safeguarding Policy HERE